Saturday 14 July 2012

Jalapeno Jelly

Jalapeno Jelly

In my canning fury a few weeks ago, one of the new recipes I tried was a recipe for hot pepper jam. I wasn’t entirely sure what to think… Jalapeño peppers in a sweet jam? I was skeptical. But, I had tasted a few similar recipes at the farmers market a few weeks earlier, so I figured it couldn’t go all wrong. After all, what did I have to lose? Only a few of the jalapeño peppers I seem to be so good at growing in the garden. I am great at growing jalapeño peppers. Actually, I am great at growing just about any form of hot peppers, but I digress. Almost everything else in my garden typically dries up, but I have a knack for spicy produce. That probably says something about my personality, but I will just move on. The point is, I had about 30 jalapeños to work with when I made this jam.

Jalapeno Jelly

Jalapeno Jelly

Jalapeno Jelly

Jalapeno Jelly

Jalapeno Jelly

Jalapeno Jelly

Jalapeno Jelly

Jalapeno Jelly

Jalapeno Jelly

 

No comments:

Post a Comment