Monday 16 July 2012

Jam Jelly

Jam Jelly

In case you think this blog post is going nowhere, I will just get straight to the point.  I was pleasantly surprised by the jalapeño jam. It is sweet, spicy, tangy, and wonderful. It’s a pretty simple recipe, so I hope you’ll give it a try. The canning really isn’t that bad!Want to know my favorite way to enjoy it? Just spread some cream cheese on top of a cracker (confession: I am a fan of Triscuits) and top it with a little big of jam. It makes a tasty snack, and I think you could serve it as an appetizer around the holidays, too.Meanwhile, in a large pot, combine the diced peppers and vinegar.  Gradually stir in the pectin, and bring the mixture to a rolling boil.  Add all of the sugar at once, return the mixture to a boil, and continue to cook for 1 minute.First time canning? Be sure to check out these guidelines for boiling water canning! I have done my best to ensure that this recipe is safe for canning, and I used a reputable source.  However, it is always important to double check the guidelines to make sure a recipe is safe for canning.

Jam Jelly

Jam Jelly

Jam Jelly

Jam Jelly

Jam Jelly

Jam Jelly

Jam Jelly

Jam Jelly

Jam Jelly

No comments:

Post a Comment