Monday 16 July 2012

Marmalade

Marmalade

Jalapeno jelly isn’t always readily available in metro Atlanta – besides, it’s more fun to make it yourself from time to time... Some people simply cannot eat a cheese sandwich without some spicy and sweet jalapeno jelly. This jalapeno jelly recipe uses some apple juice for fruitiness along with apple cider vinegar as well as a green capsicum (bell pepper) to cut some of the spiciness of the hot jalapenos and round off the flavors – though many people prefer to use only jalapenos and the cider vinegar alone. As with any recipe, you can vary this jalapeno jelly recipe from time to time to make things interestingn my canning fury a few weeks ago, one of the new recipes I tried was a recipe for hot pepper jam. I wasn’t entirely sure what to think… Jalapeño peppers in a sweet jam? I was skeptical. But, I had tasted a few similar recipes at the farmers market a few weeks earlier, so I figured it couldn’t go all wrong. After all, what did I have to lose? Only a few of the jalapeño peppers I seem to be so good at growing in the garden.t’s true… I am great at growing jalapeño peppers. Actually, I am great at growing just about any form of hot peppers, but I digress. Almost everything else in my garden typically dries up, but I have a knack for spicy produce. 

Marmalade

Marmalade

Marmalade

Marmalade

Marmalade

Marmalade

Marmalade

Marmalade

Marmalade

1 comment:

  1. how do you make your marmelade? I want to make one =)

    ReplyDelete